Tuesday, September 2, 2008

...Ask a stupid question...

In the spirit of fairness, I want you to know that I haven't always said the most encouraging things to my children either! Remember what I said, nobody's perfect! But learn from my mistakes, because if you want your kids to help you around the house with a good attitude, this is not the way to encourage them. My poor oldest son has a sarcastic sense of humor for a reason! Although it makes us laugh, these things are probably better left unsaid...


Of course, the age old..."What's going on in there?"

"Is there any cleaning going on up there?"

"Were you planning on coming off grounding, oh I don't know, ever?"

"Does this look clean to you?"

"Why does your room smell like dirty underwear?"

"You didn't really take all your clean laundry and put it into your dirty laundry basket instead of putting it away, did you?!?"

"Why does your bathroom smell like cheese?"

"Do you really need to put on a bathing suit to clean the bathtub?"

"Did you really think I wasn't going to look in this drawer?"

"Who thought it was a good idea to stick all this stuff down the garbage disposal in the first place?"

"This was an accident? Do you know the definition of accident?"

And my all time favorite...

"Do I look stupid to you?" (then as child opens mouth) "Do you really think you should answer that question?"


Trust me, I'm sure my kids could come up with a million more. Some of my friends think I'm hilarious. My husband and my kids don't. And that's really the point isn't it? This is not the best way to motivate your team. So save this kind of humor for when you are alone with your friends, and don't use it on your kids. Remember, the things you say to your kids, they will say to your future adorable perfect little grandchildren!

1 comment:

Fincher said...

HA HA HA!!! The grandchildren! That should motivate us to be nicer. Someday, God willing, our children will be grown and give us God's most perfect blessing: GRANDCHILDREN!!! From what I hear, it's a great gig. All the fun, and none of the responsibility.

But after what Karli's putting me through right now, I'll have earned that blessing!