Tuesday, September 2, 2008

...Nobody's Perfect!

When my mother read my blogs on cleaning, she said, "Who would have ever thought you would be into cleaning?" The fact is...I'm not! Not at all! But as she accurately pointed out, "Guess that's what having boys does to you!" I hate cleaning, but my husband likes it clean. And with a house full of boys, without lists on what to do, I am lost!

That's why I wanted to take a minute to point out to you that you should never read anything that I have written on my blog and think that I have it all figured out. Please! I have these things typed out for myself as much as I do for you, if not more!

Nobody is perfect. God knew that. He sent His Son for you for just that reason! A friend of mine recently said, "When I grow up, I want to be just like you." If you are looking at me, then you are looking in the wrong direction. Anything I ever get right, I get right because of His help. And everything I ever get right, it's generally because I already got it wrong at least once! I'm stubborn that way! LOL!

Some of you are frustrated with life. You are frustrated with your kids. You are frustrated with your attempts to lose weight. The one thing I can really tell you that will help? Don't try to do things on your own strength. God did not create us that way. He created us to turn to Him. And He created us to be in relationship with one another.

God knows that we are not perfect. That doesn't just apply to the big problem areas of our life but the small daily struggles as well. You need to remember that we live under grace. If you are expecting yourself to be perfect then you are never going to have joy in your life and you are not being the person that God fully created you to be. Everyone reading this has something to add to another person's life through the lessons you have learned and the struggles you have faced. It's not prideful to realize that and let God use you to help other people. But it is being prideful to think that you can and will do everything right all the time! Trust me, I know what I am talking about!

God wants you to ask Him for help. If you have never done that before and you want to know how, please feel free to contact me.

Now get out there and have a great day! God Bless you!

No comments: