Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day! Part 2

Once again, I want to say thank you to the men and women of our military who have served our country so faithfully! But now I'd like to say thank you in a more personal way.

I am fortunate enough to come from a family where the men have taken their duty to their country seriously. Many of my family members and friends have served in a branch of the armed forces. I would like to say "thank you" to them today.

To my great grandfather...
Leon Sumner Peao, U.S. Army, WWI

To my grandfathers...
Leon George Peao U.S. Army, WWII
Francis Scott Dam, U.S. Navy, WWII

To my father and my father in law...
Allan Scott Dam, U.S. Navy
Daniel Joseph Osip, U.S. Navy

To my husband...
Philip John Osip, U.S. Army

And to our extended family...
Phil's uncle, Wilfred T. Sullivan, Sr., SGT, U.S. Marine Corp, Korea
Phil's cousin, Tom Sullivan, U.S. Air Force
Phil's brother, Damien Osip, U.S. Air Force
my cousin, Tim Slowey, U.S. Army, Iraq
my sister Meredith's fil, Ramon "Jay" Chezem, U.S. Navy, Korea
my sister's Meredith's bil, Justin M. Chezem, MAJ, U.S. Army

And to our dear friends...
Derek Viljoen, U. S. Army
Phil Kost, U. S. Army

The following is a slideshow of some of the people I mentioned above. Some are not in uniform, but I'm sure you can forgive me! You know how it is to go through boxes of pictures, especially while teaching school!

No comments: