Saturday, November 15, 2008

...Texas Rocks!

Good morning from beautiful central Texas where high winds last night ushered in cooler temperatures today! When I woke this morning and it was 45 degrees, I was reminded...I am thankful for Texas!

My husband thinks this weather is great. It is his birthday weekend, so I guess I'll be happy for him, since it's not like the weatherman asked my opinion. Personally, I was happier yesterday when it was in the 80s. And that's just one of the reasons why I love Texas, because the cool weather months don't last long. Also, the colder temperatures don't get as low as they do in many other places. Often, I will say to my dh, "It's freezing!" and he will give me a look, being from New England and all, so then I say, "OK, it's 'Texas freezing!'"

Some things I love about Texas besides the weather...football...the awesome people...football. Have I mentioned that I like football? But I really enjoy the people here too! The "cowboy" spirit that people poke fun of in movies and on TV about Texans have turned my sons into polite conservative Christian young men.

But even Texans know, that they have a different way of saying things than the rest of the country...

Texas Sayings

If it's cold, then..."It's hog killin' weather."
If she's crazy, then..."She's two sandwiches short of a picnic."

If he's not smart, then..."If dumb was dirt, he'd cover about an acre."
If you're happy, then...you are as "happy as a gopher in soft dirt."
If they did something immoral, well then..."They ate supper before they said grace."
If he's lucky, then..."He's riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels."
If he's nervous, then...he's "as jumpy as spit on a hot skillet."
If you are out of money, then...you are "so broke, you can't pay attention."
On the other hand, if you are rich, then...you are in "tall cotton."
Do you need to relax?..."Don't get your cows runnin'!"
Are you a little full of yourself? Then...you are "all hat and no cattle."
And my personal favorite, when I've done this before, then...."This ain't my first rodeo."

How many of these have I heard ? 7, but then again we live in the suburbs.
How many of these have I said? Hmmm.....
I wonder how many of these Beth G. has said. Hmmm....

No comments: