Thursday, November 13, 2008

...My Friends Are My Estate!

"My friends are my estate."
- Emily Dickinson

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Lately, we see so many things on the internet about friendship that we have become almost immune to it. And yet, besides the grace of God, it is the fellowship of family and friends for which I am the most thankful. My friends, I hope we will have fun together for years sometimes enjoying our stupidity, and sometimes forgiving it!

The internet has added a whole new dimension to friendships. You know what's great about internet friendships? Is it the fact that you can pretend to be a woman when you are really a man? No, that's not it! That's just one of those urban myths, at least that's what I tell my husband when he teases me about my friends. No, the great thing about internet friendships is that you meet people who have experiences that are so drastically different from your own.

I've always been a suburban girl. I like living that way. But it's fun to meet people who grew up in the country. It's fun to meet people who grew up in other countries! I am daily surprised by things that I take for granted that other people don't have. Thank you friends for teaching me about the world!

No comments: